Vocal cord polyp is very common in life, which refers to thickened tissues that occur at the edge of the vocal cords. It is mostly caused by inappropriate or excessive vocalization, and may also be related to various factors such as inflammation, allergies, and creation. It is often expressed as hoarseness. If it is not treated in time and effectively, it will easily aggravate the condition and lead to loss of sound. Hereof, we will share the symptoms, surgery treatment, recovery time of vocal cord polyp with you guys.
I. What Are The Symptoms Of Vocal Cord Polyps?
1. The vocal cord polyps are mostly on one side or on multiple sides. Its color is grayish white and translucent, sometimes it is red and small. The vocal cord polyps are usually accompanied by hoarseness, aphasia, dry itchy throat and pain. Excessive vocal cord polyps can severely block the glottis, resulting in a dangerous condition of breathing difficulties.
2. Hoarseness: due to the size of polyps, the vocal cords will show different levels of hoarseness. Slight vocal cord polyp causes intermittent voice changes, vocal is easy to tired, timbre is dull yet rough, treble is generally difficult, easy to go out when singing . Severe cases will show hoarseness and even loss of sound.
3. Foreign body sensation: vocal cord polyps are often accompanied by dry throat discomfort, itching, foreign body sensation. Sore throat can occur when too much sound is used, and severe cases can be accompanied by difficulty breathing. Foreign body sensation in the throat will cause many patients to suspect that they have a tumor, which brings great psychological pressure to the patient.
4. The throat mucosa has dark red congestion, swelling or atrophy, vocal cord swelling, hypertrophy, the glottic closure is not tight, etc.
II. What Are The Causes Of Vocal Cord Polyps?
Various causes of chronic laryngitis can cuase vocal cord polyps.
1. Excessive use of sound or improper use of sound.
2. Upper respiratory tract infection.
3. Contact with irritating pathogenic factors such as dust, cigarettes, chemicals, etc.
4. Endocrine disorders, such as estrogen levels, hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.
5. Some systemic diseases such as heart, kidney disease, diabetes, rheumatism, etc. cause vasomotor function disorder, leading to long-term congestion of the throat, which can lead to vocal cord polyps.
6. Some scholars believe that vocal cord polyps are related to allergic reactions.
7. The researchers believe that chronic inflammation caused by reflux of the stomach contents to stimulate the laryngeal mucosa is also one of the causes of vocal cord polyps.
III. Vocal Cord Polyp Laser Removal Surgery
Diode lasers are widely used in otolaryngology, especially for high-precision cutting and excellent coagulation. Cherylas diode lasers are of compact design and can be used safely for ENT surgeries. Cherylas medical diode laser, featuring superior performance and high stability, are specially designed for a variety of ENT applications that it plays an important part in minimally invasive laser surgery of ENT area.
For vocal cord polyps surgery, precision medical diode laser and surgical handpieces can be used for achieve precise incision, resection and gasification, effective management of tissue edges, and minimize the loss of surrounding healthy tissue. Laser removal surgery for vocal cord polyps has the following advantages over normal surgery:
– High cutting accuracy
– Less blood loss
– Highly non-infectious surgery
– Accelerates cell growth and fast healing speed
IV. What Need To Take Care After Vocal Cord Polyps Laser Surgery?
There is no pain during and after the vocal cord laser removal surgery. After the surgery, you can leave the hospital or clinic and drive home, even return to work on the next day, however, you should be careful to use your voice and avoid raising it, giving your vocal cord some time to heal. After recovery, please use your voice gently.
V. How To Prevent Vocal Cord Polyps In Daily Life?
1. Drink plenty of water every day to keep your throat moist.
2. Please have a stable mood, adequate sleep, proper exercise to maintain good vocal cord elasticity.
3. Do not smoke, drink, others such as strong tea, pepper, cold drinks, chocolate or dairy products should be avoided.
4. Pay attention to the vocal cord rest, avoid long-term use of vocal cords.
If you are a wholesaler, ENT surgeon or otolaryngologist and interested in ENT laser for vocal cord polyp removal surgery, please visit the page for more details.
Leave A Comment