What is Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA)?
Endovenous Laser Ablation Treatment, also known as laser therapy, is a safe, proven medical procedure that not only treats the symptoms of varicose veins, but also treats the underlying condition that causes them.
Endovenous means inside the vein, a small amount of local anaesthetic is injected into the skin over the vein and a needle inserted into it. A wire is passed through the needle and up the vein. The needle is removed and a catheter is passed over the wire, up the vein and the wire removed. A laser fiber is passed up the catheter so its tip lies at the highest point to be heated (usually your groin crease). A large quantity of local anaesthetic solution is then injected around the vein through multiple tiny needle pricks. The laser is then fired up and pulled down the vein over to heat the lining within the vein, damaging it and causing it to collapse, shrink, and eventually disappear.
During the EVLA procedure, the surgeon uses ultrasound to find the vein to be treated. The veins that can be treated are the main venous trunks of the legs:
- Great Saphenous Vein (GSV)
- Small Saphenous Vein (SSV)
- Their major tributaries such as the Anterior Accessory Saphenous Veins (AASV)
The 1470nm laser wavelength of CHERYLAS endovenous laser machine is effectively used in the varicose veins treatment, 1470nm wavelength is preferentially absorbed by water 40 times more than a 980-nm wavelength, the 1470nm laser will minimize any post-operative pain and bruising and the patients will recover quickly and back to daily work in short time.
Now Dimed Laser developed 1940nm for EVLA, Absorption coefficient of 1940nm is higher than 1470nm in the water.
Cherylas 1940nm varicose laser is able to produce similar efficacy to 1470nm lasers with far less risk and side effects, such as paresthesia, increased bruising, patient discomfort during and immediately following treatment and thermal injury to the overlying skin. When used for endovenous coqultion of blood vessels in patients with superficial vein reflux.
Advantages of Endovenous Laser for Varicose Veins Treatment:
- Minimally invasive, less bleeding.
- Curative effect: operation under direct vision, the main branch can closed of tortuous vein clumps
- Surgical operation is simple, treatment time is greatly shortened, reduce patient's much pain
- Patients with mild disease can be treated in the outpatient service.
- Postoperative secondary infection, less pain, quick recovery.
- Beautiful appearance, almost no scar after surgery.